Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bargain with God & Co.

Dear God, Our Lady, Angels, Spirits, and Anyone Else To Whom It May Concern:

I come to you with "two handsful of gimme and a mouthful of much obliged". This is an odd bargain to strike, but you probably hear a lot of those. It has to do with two homeless dogs in Texas, a double novena, and this blog.

You know about Ranger in Burleson. Christy rescued him and has been paying his expenses to board him since April. How on earth and in heaven could such a beautiful, lovable dog not yet be adopted?

When I went home to let my own beloved hound out at lunchtime, I lit a novena candle and said a prayer for Ranger. Actually, I lit two novena candles. I had one that had cracked, and it felt somehow wrong to use one less-than-perfect for such a cause; but it also felt wrong to waste it. So lighting them both seemed like a good belt-and-suspenders move.

When I emailed Christy about the Novena (with the caveat that "I'm not Catholic or even very religious, at least by organized religion standards, but I'm all about using any positive power available"), she told me she'd been working all afternoon to save Bonnie, a heartworm-positive female that had been adopted then returned when the owners found out about her condition.

Here's my bargain: I promise to blog here every day for the next 60 days, and You find Ranger and Bonnie their forever homes.I know my words may not be much to offer, but I feel that writing is my calling; and I'm always procrastinating. So help us all out here, please, and the sooner the better. Those babies need some sweet arms to snuggle intoand someone's sweet arms need those fur babies just as much.

Much obliged.
xo
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment