Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Bonnie

Dear God, Our Lady, Angels, Spirits, and Anyone Else To Whom It May Concern:


The two novena candles for Ranger and Bonnie have continued to burn since yesterday--with the light symbolizing our hope for their happy futures, and the heat emblematic of our passion for not only their rescue, but that of creatures everywhere who do not have a voice of their own. Thank You for being here and working with us in this endeavor.


This is Bonnie. I'm sure You know her better than I do. I've never met her, but who could look at this picture and not immediately love her? I think she could fly with those ears. Forgive me for violating the 8th Commandment by stealing the following from Bonnie's Joe's Animal House Facebook description, but it's so perfect and presents her so well.


"Just look at me, big ears, blue eyes. I was running about town with my buddy Clyde when we got lost and came here to wait for our people. Well we were here over a week and they are no-shows, so we need new homes. Not only am I beautiful and exotic looking, but I have a great personality to match. People just cannot help but to look at my beautiful eyes in awe. I like the other dogs and I like to play with people of all sizes. I myself am a great size, medium they say, and weigh in at 35 lbs (most of that is my ears). I know I will be a great companion for you and would really like it if you took me home.

"I thought I had hit the jack pot when I was adopted, only to have the adoption fall through due to having heart worms, and my new person being unable to provide the treatment. So now here I am again hoping and praying that the right person will come along."


God & Co, I know you are paying attention to this Novena, and I thank you so much. You are making miracles--using the hands and hearts and persistent efforts of so many of your earthly helpers. Bonnie hasn't found her forever home yet, but yesterday several stepped forward to donate toward her heartworm treatment; and she was taken by a rescue, Sun Flower Hill in Terrell, TX.


(For anyone who would contribute to her treatment, you can send a check to: 
Sunflower Hill Rescue  
PO Box 1953
Terrell, Texas 75160
Please note "for Bonnie" in the memo section of the check.)


(Or call them at (972) 524-4074  for an opportunity to meet the exotic, vivacious, and oh-so-loving Ms. Bonnie.)


Also, it sounds as though there might be someone interested in adopting Ranger. Fingers crossed, novena candles burning. I don't believe in miracles--I rely on them.


xo
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment